List of all players (Indian and overseas) to be missing out on IPL 10, whether fully or partially.
Cricket fans, not just in India but all over the world have been extremely excited going into the 10th edition of Indian Premier League, but the news of a number of marquee missing out on the 2017 season (fully or partially) have left them devastated.
Before the IPL kickstarts its tenth edition teams losing players due to injuries has become the trend. With less than four days to go for the tournament to begin, some of the biggest names of world cricket have already pulled out.
1) Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Virat Kohli – Ruled out of action for at least two weeks for shoulder recovery.
- KL Rahul – The star opener was ruled out after injuring his shoulder and has been replaced by Tamil Nadu’s wicket-keeper batsman N Jadadeesan.
- AB de Villiers – The stand-in skipper injured his back while playing for Titans in the Momentum Cup, which has ruled him out of of the event’s final as well.
- Mitchell Marsh – Got injured during the Test series between India and Australia. He has been replaced by South African spin-bowler Imran Tahir.
- Ravichandran Ashwin – Probably the biggest name to be missing out on the entire 10th season, Ashwin’s absence was revealed after it was confirmed that he is suffering from sports hernia.
3) Kolkata Knight Riders
- Umesh Yadav – He is also Set to miss out for the first two weeks after being assessed by Team India physio Patrick Ferhart.
4) Gujrat Lions
- Ravindra Jadeja – The ICC Test World No. 1 bowler has also been sidelined for the first two weeks after being instrumental in team India’s long home Test season dominance.
5) Kings XI Punjab
- Murali Vijay – The Indian opener is set to go under the knife after experiencing troubles with dodgy shoulder and will miss out the whole of 2017 season.
6) Delhi Daredevils
- Quinton de Kock – The South African wicket-keeper batsman suffered a tendon damage on his right index finger, after which he too withdrew from the IPL season 10.
- Martin Guptil – Hamstring strains ruled him out of the remainder of the New Zealand’s domestic season and the first stage for Kings XI Punjab in IPL.