Premier League football is one of the most-watched sports leagues in the world. With the league being broadcasted in 212 territories, it is one of the most profitable sports leagues in the world. With the demand for Premier League players, it is not surprising that most transfers are for players in the league. However, there are a few exceptions.
Premier League is a professional league for association football clubs in England and Wales, currently sponsored by Barclays Bank. The top two are called the Premier League, and the bottom three are called the Championship. Premier League covers all the matches of the top 24 English football clubs. Furthermore, among the spectators, it is a wonderfully thrilling experience to enjoy the game. And there is an impressive competition during this league and online gaming lovers use several platforms like bet365.
Therefore, this blog post will talk about the premier league’s most expensive transfer. So let’s get started!
— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) May 14, 2022
Premier League’s top 25 most expensive transfers
Premier League football is very popular. With its huge fan base, it is a dream for any footballer to play there. However, it does not come cheap, and the transfer fees are enormous for even the most mediocre players. The Premier League has been home to some of the biggest transfers. The following list includes the top 25 most expensive transfers that have taken place in the Premier League:
- Jack Grealish (Aston Villa to Man City, 2021) – £100m
- Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan to Chelsea, 2021) – £97.5m
- Paul Pogba (Juventus to Man Utd, 2016) – £89m
- Harry Maguire ( Leicester to Man Utd, 2019) – £80m
- Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund to Man Utd, 2021) – £77m
- Virgil van Dijk ( Southampton to Liverpool, 2018) – £75m
- Romelu Lukaku ( Everton to Man Utd, 2017) – £72m
- Kepa Arrizabalaga (Athletic Bilbao to Chelsea, 2018) – £72m
- Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen to Chelsea, 2020) – £72m
- Nicolas Pepe (Lille to Arsenal, 2019) – £72m
- Alisson (Roma to Liverpool, 2018) – £67m
- Ruben Dias (Benfica to Man City, 2020) – £65m
- Rodri (Atletico Madrid to Man City, 2019) – £62.8m
- Angel Di Maria (PSG to Man Utd, 2015) – £60m
- Riyad Mahrez (Leicester to Man City, 2018), £60m
- Alvaro Morata ( Real Madrid to Chelsea, 2017) – £60m
- Joao Cancelo (Juventus to Man City, 2019) – £60m
- Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund to Chelsea, 2019) – £58m
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund to Arsenal, 2018) – £58m
- Aymeric Laporte (Athletic Bilbao to Man City, 2018) – £57m
- Kevin De Bruyne (Wolfsburg to Man City, 2015) – £54m
- Naby Keita (RB Leipzig to Liverpool, 2018) – £52.75m
Premier League clubs love to spend big money on transfers
The Premier League clubs have all the money in the world, and they don’t know how to spend it. Every transfer window is a new chance to do something extravagant. Take, for instance, Tottenham Hotspur, who broke their club transfer record to buy Tanguy Ndombele for £60 million. The Premier League is the richest league in the world, and the richest football clubs are in this league.
Just a few years ago, in the premium league, the £75 million transfer fee would have been unheard of. But, with the influx of cash from TV deals and other sources, clubs are now willing to pay whatever it takes to sign the best players. And, with the Premier League being the most popular football league in the world, it’s no surprise that clubs are willing to break the bank in order to sign the top talent.
So, if you’re ever feeling down about your club’s transfer budget, just remember that things could be a lot worse. Premier League clubs are currently spending more money than ever before, and the most expensive deal in the league’s history is now a whopping £100 million.
The 25 most expensive transfers certainly demonstrate how much money is to be made at the top of football. Many players were worth every penny and were a great asset to the club, but others were sold for a lot of money, only to flop upon their arrival.
However, these are the most expensive transfers in Premier League history. Although the fees can change depending on future performance, these are the most expensive players ever to play in the league at the time of this writing.